PHOTOPLAY PAPER’S SAY IT WITH STAMPS
DESIGN TEAM CALL
Are you a fan of PHOTOPLAY PAPERS products, including the Say It With Stamps (SIS) brand? Do you like to receive free product and get paid for your creative time? Are you active on social media? Are you blog savvy? If you said YES! to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for talented, creative cardmakers to fill six spots and join the PHOTOPLAY SAY IT WITH STAMPS DESIGN TEAM!
This is a paid position.
• The design team term is from March 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022 (six-month term).
• You will create 2-3 card projects per month, in a combination of assigned projects and projects you create on your own. You will also have opportunities to create sample projects or trade shows, expos, magazines, packaging and other marketing needs, but are not required to participate.
• You will be required to create at least one process video per month.
• You will be compensated for all assigned projects and videos you create. You will also be compensated for any additional projects that you are invited to create (magazine calls, guest spots, etc.) that feature at least 75% Photoplay/SIS products.
• Please note this is NOT a design team call for Photoplay Paper scrapbook products.
• Be dependable with a strong commitment to deadlines. Work well with established schedules and occasional tight deadlines. Timely communication skills are a must!
• Be regularly active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest). Having an up-to-date blog is a plus.
• Experience with alcohol markers, colored pencils and other color mediums is a plus, but not required.
• Have excellent photography skills with the ability to create lifestyle shots and perform basic photo-editing (cropping, resizing, image adjustment, etc.).
• Be able to record, edit and upload tutorial/process videos to YouTube.
• Be able to write step-by-step instructions and photograph step-by-step techniques and close-ups (when assigned).
• Be able to design, develop and integrate techniques into projects.
• Write blog and/or Facebook posts and share all your projects on your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, You Tube, etc.) throughout each month.
• Promote all PHOTOPLAY SIS releases on your personal blog and be a brand defender of all PHOTOPLAY products.
• Because we will be sharing images of upcoming releases, each design team member must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
• This is a paid position. You will be compensated for each card you are assigned to create and for each process/technique video you are asked to make.
• You will be provided with a generous amount of PHOTOPLAY SAY IT WITH STAMPS stamps, dies, stencils, papers and other products throughout your term.
• From time to time, you will receive products from other companies when PHOTOPLAY participates in cross-promotions and blog hops (adhesives, etc.).
• You will have access to a private Facebook design team group.
• Your name, photograph, bio and a link to your personal blog will appear on the PHOTOPLAY web site during your term.
• Your projects will be shared on all PHOTOPLAY social media channels.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting international applicants at this time. Because of logistic delays and shipping restrictions due to Covid-19, this call is only open to residents of the United States or an artist with a US address. Thank you for understanding.
1. Provide your name, address and a good phone number to reach you at.
2. Tell us what you love about Photoplay and the Say It With Stamps brand, and why you would like to design for us.
3. Include links to your social media channels (blog, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
4. Include the names of any design teams you are currently on or have been in the past.
5. Share images of four finished cards that represent your best work and specific style. Your projects do not have to include Photoplay and/or Say It With Stamps products, but we would love to see how you use our products!
6. Each image should be in high-resolution (4”x4”, 300dpi), well-photographed and named with your name (i.e., yourname-1.jpg, yourname-2.jpg, etc.).
7. Submit all the above to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: (your name) SIS Design Team Application.
• Applications will be accepted through February 13, 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
• After reading through the requirements, benefits and how to apply, if you have a question, email email@example.com with the subject line: (your name) Design Team Question.
• The six selected artists will be emailed personally by February 18, 2022 and will learn more about compensation and other details.
• The design team will be announced on February 21, 2022 via PHOTOPLAY’S social media network.
• Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each individual application.